HOW IT BEGAN
I was born again on 11th May 1969 at the University of Ife, Ibadan campus through a sermon given by Rev.(Dr.) Mike Oye.
Shortly after I got converted, the late Pastor S.G. Elton was invited to minister in the campus fellowship. By this time the University had moved to its main campus in Ife. Pastor Elton was an elderly British missionary in Ilesha in the Western Region of Nigeria. He and his wife spent most of their lives serving the Lord in Nigeria. He was a Prophet of God, well known in the Christian circles in Nigeria, and a mentor to virtually all the pioneer Nigerian Pentecostal ministers in the 1970s.
As Pa Elton (as he was fondly called by Christians then) was ministering that night he suddenly paused and pointed at somebody in the congregation, saying,"That boy! That boy there!" Everybody turned in the direction in which his finger was pointing to know who "that boy" could be. I least expected that Pa Elton was pointing at me so I was very relaxed where I was sitted (at the back of the hall-similar location as that of 11th May, 1969). Finally he got to me and said, "YOuuuu!!" I was very frightened when it turned out to be me. I kept saying to myself, "what did I do? What sin have I committed?". This was because Pa Elton was a prophet of God, who could see right through you, and so to be called out by such a man meant something ominous, so I came out trembling. When I did come out, he began to prophesy over me. He said, "You, the hand of God is upon you. God is going to call you and send you to your people. His anointing is upon you, and you shall be a mighty instrument in His Hand." He then asked me to see him after the fellowship.
I was just a very young christian, and had no intentions of going to work for God, so I did not take the prophesy serious. As a matter of fact, I was a very ambitious young man with the intentions of having degrees in many fields of life. Pa Elton's prophecy meant absolutely nothing to me. All I wanted in life was to get my degrees in Geology and Petroleum Engineering, get a good job, and look after my poor mother and my brothers and sisters. I was too engrossed with my academic pursuit to bother myself about anything else.
After the fellowship I went to talk with Pastor Elton. He did not press on me, neither did he threaten, nor cajole me. No!Pa Elton was too much of a man of God to force himself upon anyone. He simply repeated his prophecy and asked me to make out time to come ans see him at his house in Ilesha. He knew I did not believe him but, he left me to God to reveal his plans for my life.
Life continued with me as usual without any incidents until 1970, midway of my third year in the university, something unusual happened to me, which revolutionised my life completely. I received the call to serve God full-time - I SAW A VISION I COULD NOT EVER FORGET..............................
"Before I formed thee in the belly, I knew thee"................ Jeremiah 1:5
(continued on the Director's Corner Page)
Search Amazon.com for repentance in christian theology
I was born again on 11th May 1969 at the University of Ife, Ibadan campus through a sermon given by Rev.(Dr.) Mike Oye.
Shortly after I got converted, the late Pastor S.G. Elton was invited to minister in the campus fellowship. By this time the University had moved to its main campus in Ife. Pastor Elton was an elderly British missionary in Ilesha in the Western Region of Nigeria. He and his wife spent most of their lives serving the Lord in Nigeria. He was a Prophet of God, well known in the Christian circles in Nigeria, and a mentor to virtually all the pioneer Nigerian Pentecostal ministers in the 1970s.
As Pa Elton (as he was fondly called by Christians then) was ministering that night he suddenly paused and pointed at somebody in the congregation, saying,"That boy! That boy there!" Everybody turned in the direction in which his finger was pointing to know who "that boy" could be. I least expected that Pa Elton was pointing at me so I was very relaxed where I was sitted (at the back of the hall-similar location as that of 11th May, 1969). Finally he got to me and said, "YOuuuu!!" I was very frightened when it turned out to be me. I kept saying to myself, "what did I do? What sin have I committed?". This was because Pa Elton was a prophet of God, who could see right through you, and so to be called out by such a man meant something ominous, so I came out trembling. When I did come out, he began to prophesy over me. He said, "You, the hand of God is upon you. God is going to call you and send you to your people. His anointing is upon you, and you shall be a mighty instrument in His Hand." He then asked me to see him after the fellowship.
I was just a very young christian, and had no intentions of going to work for God, so I did not take the prophesy serious. As a matter of fact, I was a very ambitious young man with the intentions of having degrees in many fields of life. Pa Elton's prophecy meant absolutely nothing to me. All I wanted in life was to get my degrees in Geology and Petroleum Engineering, get a good job, and look after my poor mother and my brothers and sisters. I was too engrossed with my academic pursuit to bother myself about anything else.
After the fellowship I went to talk with Pastor Elton. He did not press on me, neither did he threaten, nor cajole me. No!Pa Elton was too much of a man of God to force himself upon anyone. He simply repeated his prophecy and asked me to make out time to come ans see him at his house in Ilesha. He knew I did not believe him but, he left me to God to reveal his plans for my life.
Life continued with me as usual without any incidents until 1970, midway of my third year in the university, something unusual happened to me, which revolutionised my life completely. I received the call to serve God full-time - I SAW A VISION I COULD NOT EVER FORGET..............................
"Before I formed thee in the belly, I knew thee"................ Jeremiah 1:5
(continued on the Director's Corner Page)
Search Amazon.com for repentance in christian theology

PRESS RELEASE
ReplyDeleteURGENT CALL FOR FASTING AND PRAYER FOR NIGERIA’S REPENTANCE
Today Evangelical Ministries Inc., (TEM) with headquarters in Houston Texas has been mandated to issue a call for urgent repentance, fasting and prayers for the nation of Nigeria. This mandate divinely received on Sunday May 26th 2013 reaffirms earlier warnings that the ministry had received and issued concerning the state of the nation during its teaching conferences in many parts of Nigeria for some years now. The Lord said (seven times) that the sins of Nigeria have found the nation and He (the LORD) has let the spirit of delusion overtake the nation of Nigeria. We sincerely and urgently call all Nigerians and those who love or care for the nation to pray for true repentance for this land.
SEVEN DAYS OF NATIONAL REPENTANCE, FASTING AND PRAYERS
A National Week (seven days) of fasting, repentance and prayer from Sunday June 16th 2013 to Saturday June 22, 2013. There shall be a prayer for each day that the LORD had warned the nation through the ministry. The fasting will be from 6:00 am to 6:00 pm for each of these seven days for those who are willing and able to fast for repentance. May the Spirit of the LORD lead you to pray and fast as He deems fit.
DAILY PRAYER – FOR THE MONTH OF JUNE 2013
For the month of June 2013 we will have daily prayers concerning this burden of Nigeria. This prayer will take place at 12:00 noon USA Central (Houston Texas) Time which is 6:00 pm Nigerian time – daily – except on Sundays from Saturday June 1, 2013 to Saturday June 29, 2013. The daily prayer phone line is - 1 (567) 314-0716 and the passcode is 270200#
You are welcome to join the prayer line and to encourage others to do so.
A LETTER OF APPEAL TO URGENT REPENTANCE, FASTING AND PRAYERS
We have prepared a letter of an urgent clarion call to all leaders of Nigeria including the Presidency, Governors, National and State Congress members and all local leaders and Pastors in Nigeria to come together and join us as we cry out to God for repentance of the nation. It is time to truly humble ourselves, pray, seek God’s face by turning away from sin, wickedness, abomination and iniquity that have so permeated and plagued the land. Only then will God hear us and heal our land. (2 Chronicles 7:14).
We need all who have access to the email and contact addresses of the Nigerian Leaders listed above and all who care for the nation to assist us in getting the letter and this information to these leaders and friends of Nigeria. This letter is attached to this Press Release and more copies and details can be obtained by sending an email to TEMBurdenofNIGERIA@gmail.com and on FACEBOOK at the group page – TEM BURDEN of NIGERIA - https://www.facebook.com/groups/TEMBurdenOfNigeria
God in His infinite mercy has urged us (TEM), by revelation, to seek for those who fear Him, and are desirous and willing to stand in the gap for Nigeria that He may relent and not utterly destroy this land. Only God can turn this country around. If you are one of these people, you are invited to join Today Evangelical Ministries, Houston, Texas, USA, to fast and pray for the repentance of Nigeria from Sunday June 16 through Saturday June 22, 2013 -Fasting 6:00 am to 6:00 pm daily for these seven days. We would also host daily prayers during the month of June – From June 1 to June 30, 2013 (excluding Sundays). The prayer line is 1 (567) 314-0716 and the passcode is 270200#
GOD BLESS YOU
WE HAVE CROWD NOT CHRISTIANS IN MOST OF OUR CHURCHES IN NIGERIA
ReplyDeleteAPOSTLE K.O EHIZENAGA